> I am one of those new contributors that I would like to help... :)
> It might be a very good thing a "per distribution" way to build plasma's
> master branch and install it on a user's path (not global in order to
> not break the distribution's official packages)...

Very good idea.  In my case, this would hopefully allow me to debug
a new multiscreen issue ...

There are some recent HOWTOs at

[1] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs
[2] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Development
[3] https://community.kde.org/Guidelines_and_HOWTOs/Build_from_source

but I don't know yet how useful [3]-[5] really are.

> For example an analytic guide for some of the most used distributions,
> Ubuntu, Fedora, openSUSE etc.
> I am using openSUSE and I would love to have a walk through to follow
> for the first steps...

I'm using Fedora -- yes, a walk through for building Plasma (ideally with
distro-specific hints) would be greatly appreciated.

Fredy Neeser
IBM Zurich Research