subdiff marked an inline comment as done.
subdiff added inline comments.

INLINE COMMENTS

> broulik wrote in statusnotifieritemsource.cpp:472
> This spins its own event loop which is dangerous when dealing with QML

> This spins its own event loop which is dangerous when dealing with QML

Since the event loop is part of the service, isn't the QML shielded from it
anyway? The QML code connects only to the job finished signal in the end, which
is emitted again by the job's/service's main thread.

> broulik wrote in statusnotifieritemsource.cpp:475
> Can this lead to false positives? Maybe we need a tri-state here, ie.
> activate succeeded, activate failed (fall back to menu), nothing to activate
> (do nothing).

Imo if "nothing activates", there should be still always the attempt to open
the context menu. The user expects that atleast "something" happens on left
click.

But in reality if we're at this point, this won't work either, since there is a
general problem with `m_statusNotifierItemInterface`, which means the context
menu won't work either.

REPOSITORY
  R120 Plasma Workspace

EMAIL PREFERENCES