kossebau added a comment.

  In D10920#215888 <https://phabricator.kde.org/D10920#215888>, @ngraham wrote:

  > Well the docs show you how an AppStream ID is to be constructed, and
there's no mention of `.desktop`. I've had conversations with Matthias Klumpp,
the AppStream maintainer, and he's indicated that my impression is accurate
(and I believe he's said the validator will get much more strict in an upcoming
major version).

  While there is no direct mention of a `.desktop`, there is some description
about adding a type:

  > To increase the uniqueness and to distinguish between different pieces of a
software suite, it is suggested to append the type name to the component-id in
these cases. For example, one can use com.hugski.ColorHug2 for the client tools
to control hardware, and com.hugski.ColorHug2.firmware for the runtime firmware
files.

  So why would you think that `.desktop` is not the type name as mentioned
there? Any chance you can point to the relevant conversations?

REPOSITORY
  R118 Plasma SDK

To: kossebau, sebas, mart, broulik, ngraham
Cc: ngraham, plasma-devel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg,