graesslin added a comment.

  To everyone here: you are extremely experienced developers and software
users, partially working in the window manager area. Of course you understand
why the dead zone happens and of course you are able to adapt to it. But please
think of your users. I fear they won't understand it. Also with click the dead
zone might be obvious. With just mouse hover it might not. Please try not to
argument for this strong behavior change with anecdotal evidence like "I use
this for years".

  In the end it comes down to form follows function. I think that this is a
case where the impact of functionality change is large and thus form needs to
follow. Futhermore I have to say that my proposals I did in the task are also
not going to solve it. After thinking more and more about it I see mainly an
issue with resize outside the window and the impacts it has. My ideas there
also tried to use it and thus are not a solution.

REPOSITORY
  R31 Breeze

To: romangg, #plasma, #vdg
Cc: januz, ngraham, davidedmundson, graesslin, abetts, mart, plasma-devel,
ragreen, Pitel, ZrenBot, lesliezhai, ali-mohamed, jensreuterberg, sebas, apol