Hi Mario,

I don't know about the Mac native launcher question but you should be
able to run your 3.x application on a 4.x runtime without too many
changes. Most of the Eclipse IDE plug-ins are still based on 3.x API
and they run fine.

Best regards, Lars

On Mon, Oct 9, 2023 at 2:03 PM Mário Marinato via platform-dev
<platform-dev@eclipse.org> wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I'm part of a team that develops an RCP application that is still based on
> the Eclipse 3 framework.
>
> I know we should've migrated years ago, we're porting it now, but the current
> version of our system is still alive and needs maintenance, and that's why
> I'm here.
>
> The recent release of the new MacOS, Sonoma, broke our menus (see here), and
> we discovered that the source of the problem is the native launcher.  If we
> launch our application using java -jar
> plugins/org.eclipse.equinox.launcher.jar, the menus work as expected.
>
> We then started building an executable jar that performs the call and handles
> all the other tasks needed (reading the .ini file, handling restarts, so on).
>
> But then this idea came to me, that recompiling the native launcher might
> solve the problem.  This way, we would not need to mess around with a
> different executable jar.
>
> Do you think this is possible?  If so, is there a page with detailed
> information on how we could achieve this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mario Marinato
> ~ Rio de Janeiro/Brazil

Eclipse Platform project co-lead