I'm so sorry i couldn't attend (again), but I was flying today and my
flight was delayed like almost 3 hours, and i couldn't make it :(

On Tue, Jun 25, 2013 at 6:13 PM, Johannes Raggam <d...@programmatic.pro>wrote:

> Please review and comment in an answer, if you have something to correct
> or add. Otherwise, I'll send it out tomorrow morning (CET) on plone-dev.
>
> Best,
> Johannes
>

> =================================
> Framework Team Meeting 2013-06-25
> =================================
>
> Attendees
> =========
>
> Nathan Van Gheem
> Nejc Zupan
> Eric Steele
> Ross Patterson
> Craig Haynal
> David Glick
> Johannes Raggam (meeting chair)
>

> Plone 5 Talk
> ============
>
> The FWT decided that the next Plone Release will be Plone 5 (+6, -1).
>
> Instead of having a Plone 4.4 Release with major PLIPS included, where
> we have to expect that the upgrade experience isn't as seamless as it
> should for a minor release, we better do a Plone 5 release. In our
> vision, Plone 5 will also have the other major PLIPS included, among
> others:
>
> - plone.app.widgets,
> - plone.app.toolbar,
> - new theme,
> - Removing the dependencies on CMFFormController and CMF skins,
> - plone.app.* package merging.
>
> The PLIPS mentioned above are in the midst of implementation or even the
> conceptional phase. So, Plone 5 isn't exactly around the corner but an
> undefined timespan away - we expect it to be a year, which should give
> us and the implementors enough time to finish, review and integrate the
> PLIPS.

This means no new releases for about a year? (other than bugfixes, that
is...)

> Six Feet Up is investing 5 hours a week for QA of the upcoming Plone 5
> release.
>
> Eric is revisiting the PLIPs and reassigns them to Plone 5 as needed.
>

> Plone 5 content upgrades
> ========================
>
> We had a discussion about how to handle content upgrades in Plone 5:
>
> - 3 votes for forced upgrade of all standard Products.ATContentTypes to
> their Dexterity based plone.app.contenttypes and plone.app.event
> equivalents to keep the old cruft away from Plone 5.
>
> - 1 vote for optional upgrade steps to migrate the content to let
> integrators decide what to do.
>
> - 2 votes were for waiting and deciding later, when the upgrade steps
> are fully implemented.
>
> Schema extended standard content types cannot easily be upgraded, since
> this involves custom code. For such contents, custom upgrade steps have
> to be implemented anyways, if wished.

Count my vote for the first option (Making sure default content types are
painlessly migrated)

> Release Team
> ============
>
> Eric is building up a release team to help him doing releases, as much
> automated as possible. This makes release dates less dependent on time
> constraints of a single person.
>

> More FWT Team members
> =====================
>
> Ross brought up the topic of acquiring more Framework Team members, as
> it turned out that the last couple of meetings were poorly attended.
> More people means also more eyeballs on the development and progress of
> Plone, so we thought this is a good idea. He sets up an invitation mail
> soon.

+1

> Next meeting
>
> Next meeting is scheduled on July, 9th. 2013. Eric is doing the meeting
> chair.

I'll definiely be there this time :)

Regards,
Franco