On 2006-11-27 22:29+0900 hiroyasu yasuda wrote:

> Hello Arjen:
>
>>> - Are you using the latest release (PLplot 5.7.1) or version 5.6.1?
>
> I was using PLplot 5.7.0. yesterday.
>

>>> - Are you using the ./configure script to build the libraries or
>>> are you
>>>  using the CMake build system?
>
> I followed 'INSTALL' document below:
>> 3) With g95: [Fortran 95 (GCC) 4.2.0 20060512 (experimental)]
>> ./configure --disable-wxwidgets --enable-f95 FC=gfortran F77=gfortran
>> make FFLAGS="-Wl,-single_module" FCFLAGS="-Wl,-single_module"
>> make install
>> make check

I suggest you use PLplot 5.7.1 and follow the CMake build system instructions
at http://www.miscdebris.net/plplot_wiki.  The instructions in INSTALL are
for our deprecated autotools (./configure) build system which is no longer
maintained.

> And please tell me how to compile fortran source with PLplot libraries ?

Make sure you have pkg-config installed on your computer before you run cmake
the first time.  Then after "make" and "make
install" look at $INSTALL_PREFIX/share/plplot5.7.1/examples/f77 (or f95).
The Makefiles in those two directories show exactly how to build fortran 77
or fortran 95 executables using the pkg-config approach.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project