On 2007-01-11 15:27-0700 Orion Poplawski wrote:

> Orion Poplawski wrote:
>>
>> Interestingly enough, GNU f95 aborts with an illegal instruction on this
>> code, otherwise I'm not sure it would have been caught.
>>

> Hmm, even with the changes, I still get an illegal instruction with the
> latest Fedora Development f95.

Hi Orion:

Can you please give a lot more details?  Below I pose a series of questions
that come to mind, but don't hold back any extra information you think might
be relevant beyond these questions.

If that illegal instruction occurs during compilation, what file is being
compiled when it occurs?

If that illegal instruction occurs during excecution of compiled code,
what executable are we talking about and how was it compiled?
Is it just one of the standard examples, or does the problem occur
for all standard examples.  If it was an example, was it built
in the build tree or install tree?

What is the result of the "f95 --version" command?

On my Ubuntu dapper system I have the following results:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]> f95 --version
GNU Fortran 95 (GCC 4.0.3 (Ubuntu 4.0.3-1ubuntu5))

GNU Fortran comes with NO WARRANTY, to the extent permitted by law.
You may redistribute copies of GNU Fortran
under the terms of the GNU General Public License.
For more information about these matters, see the file named COPYING

For that version of gfortran, there is no problem like what you are
describing.  Can you install gcc-4.0.x versions of the gcc compilers for
Fedora to see if that makes a difference for you?

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project