On 2007-01-30 17:49-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> Alan - change is the other way round. stderr on old version, stdout
> on new version. Stdout seems much more sensible.

Sorry for my initial confusion.  I confirm your Debian stable results on
my system.  I don't understand how this logic worked at all before I
made my change to TRANSFORM_VERSION to make it (I thought) more robust.

There are some more aspects of this I am pursuing such as improperly nested
if statements in both the old and your modified versions FindSWIG.cmake, and
a better response from TRANSFORM_VERSION when it gets an empty version
string.  Anyhow, give me some time to sort this out before we upload the new
FindSWIG.cmake to the CMake bug system.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project