On 2007-02-06 12:27-0800 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> However, when I tried the same build on Debian Dapper (one earlier version
> than Andrew's Debian Edgy) I got similar errors to Andrew's.  Nevertheless,
> the good Debian stable result shows you are close to having everything
> working on all Linux platforms.

Since your last commits, all seems to be well on Debian Dapper now with
the build and install.  However, I could not get wxPLplotDemo.cpp to
build in the installed examples tree because the compilation flags have
not been configured properly in plplot(d)-wxwidgets.pc.  I also suspect
there may be a unicode problem for that example as well because of strange
characters in the compiler error output such as

/usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/event.h: In copy constructor â:
/usr/include/wx-2.6/wx/event.h:922: error: class â does not have any field
named â

BTW, to attempt to build the example in the install tree I tried the
following command (wrapped for e-mail) following the pattern I got from the
first example, x01:

/usr/bin/c++ wxPLplotDemo.cpp -o wxPLplotDemo -Wl,-rpath
-Wl,/home/software/plplot_cvs/installcmake/lib:/home/software/autotools/install/lib
`PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/software/plplot_cvs/installcmake/lib/pkgconfig
pkg-config --cflags --libs plplotd-wxwidgets`

On your Linux box, the rpath and PKG_CONFIG_PATH values will be different, but
you get the idea.

To sum up the current problem, the configured plplotd-wxwidgets.pc file
has

Cflags: -I${includedir}

and, of course, you need a lot more information there in order to have a
successful, wxwidgets-related compilation.

package (plplot.org); the Yorick front-end to PLplot (yplot.sf.net); the
Loads of Linux Links project (loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project