On 2007-10-26 14:10-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

> Could you attempt to verify the problem by hand?  That is do the following
> (inspired by make.out2 results)
>
> cd /cygdrive/c/arjen/plplot-svn/install-cygwin/drivers
> ./get-drv-info.exe ps
>
> I assume that will give the same error that ps cannot be found.
>
> IMPORTANT QUESTION: Once that verification is done could you try the
> following variation and send me the complete error message that you get?
>
> ./get-drv-info.exe /cygdrive/c/arjen/plplot-svn/install-cygwin/drivers/ps.so

Forget that last request because I have made some svn changes that make
that request irrelevant.

As of revision 7981 when you execute

./get-drv-info.exe ps

that application internally prepends the drivers directory path to the
search term (ps in this case) just like what occurs for the core plplot
library.  Because of this change libltdl (called by that application) now
searches for

/cygdrive/c/arjen/plplot-svn/install-cygwin/drivers/ps.so

rather than ps.so as in prior revisions.

I am hoping this change to an automatic full path used for searching for
dynamically loaded devices (now done just like the PLplot core library) will
solve the get-drv-info problem for Cygwin. Please do the simple test again
for revision 7981 and let me know the detailed results.

If get-drv-info continues not to work when starting from an empty build
tree, please let me know full test results again.

If get-drv-info now works starting from an empty build tree, then please
continue the test all the way through to the build and test of the installed
examples.