On 2007-10-28 20:49+0100 Arjen Markus wrote:

> Hi Alan,
>
> using strace made it clear why the command did not output anything:
> it was missing a couple of DLLs. (An annoying property of Windows:
> command-line programs that are missing DLLs may fail completely
> silently - no message or message box).
>
> Anyway, the attachment shows the output from:
> ./get-drv-info ps.so
>
> I have little experience with strace, so I can not say much
> about the cause of it all.

Thanks for that output.  My interpretation of it is the libltdl library
which is called by get-drv-info looks in the correct directory for the
ps dynamically loaded device under the following alternative names:

ps.so.la
ps.so.la.lnk
ps.so.dll
ps.so.dll.lnk

However, none of those alternative names are the correct one for
the ps dynamically loaded device file so it fails.

Try renaming ps.so as ps.dll and then try

./get-drv-info.exe ps

My bet is that will at least find the file.  That is, from the current
strace evidence it will try ps.la, ps.la.lnk, and finally the ps.dll
alternative which will work because of your rename.  With luck, the
symbol lookup afterward will work as well.

I think we are really close to a Cywin dynamic devices solution here (which
would take only a few minutes to implement under CMake) so I am very much
looking forward to your reply.