On 2008-01-27 20:26-0500 Hazen Babcock wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Any objections to development release 5.9.0 coming out on the weekend
> of February 9-10th?

Just to let the others here know, that suggested time for the next release
arose out of off-list discussions between Hazen, Andrew (Ross), and me.
Hazen, since nobody has objected let's finalize on that date for the
release.

Today, I finished up the Ada install tree infrastructure support I wanted to
do.  Other issues I am currently working on are the following:

* libLASi/psttf segfaults rather than nice recovery and continuation when
the pango library throws an error for certain types of glyphs that it
doesn't support (I hope Andrew can help with this issue as well).

* Parallel builds ("make -j 2" recently quick working for me again).

* A python single-precision issue that is going to take deeper understanding
of swig/python to deal with.

I don't think the release should be delayed for any of these issues,
but I think the chances are reasonable that I will be able to deal with
these issues comfortably before the above deadline.