On 2009-02-04 12:27-0000 Andrew Ross wrote:

> On Mon, Feb 02, 2009 at 08:42:04PM -0500, Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:
>> http://sourceforge.net/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=2166164&group_id=2915&atid=302915
>
> Since we've now had two requests for this, shall I go ahead and commit
> this example to svn? At least we show how plplot can be used for
> financial plotting. If someone comes up with a new API routine for
> handling this then we can always update the example to use it.

I suggest you go ahead and commit it.  However, from what you have said, the
example exercises no new API at the present time.  Therefore, there is no
urgent need from the testing perspective to include it in our tests,
propagate it to non-C languages, etc.  So I suggest by all means update the
lists mentioned in README.Release_Manager_Cookbook so it will be propagated
to our website, and also do the build system updates so the example is built
in the build tree when BUILD_TEST=ON, and installed in the installed
examples tree with Makefile instructions to build it there.  However, I
would hold off on including this example in the lists in our
plplot_test/test*.sh.in files consistent with the idea that it is C-only for
now.  That gives us a chance to modify the example extensively (or even
remove it again if we don't like it) without worrying about propagation
costs (or the waste of propagation effort implied by a removal).