On 2009-05-08 19:09+0100 Andrew Ross wrote:

> On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 04:52:28PM -0700, Alan Irwin wrote:
>> On 2009-05-07 21:49+0100 Andrew Ross wrote:
>>
>>> You are probably right. What I don't understand is why it works with the
>>> general tag (which is there even if you don't specify a build type, but
>>> not with the optimized or debug tags.
>>
>> Well remember, the likes of
>>
>> plplotd_LIB_DEPENDS:STATIC=general;/usr/lib/libltdl.so;general;/usr/lib/libdl.so;general;/usr/lib/libm.so;general;csirocsa;general;csironn;general;qsastime;general;/usr/lib/libfreetype.so
>>
>> is a derived cached variable and nothing we use directly. Instead, we use
>> *_LIBRARIES variables returned by Find modules.
>>
>> I just checked the FindQT4.cmake logic and there is no mention of "general"
>> in there although there are mentions of "debug" and "optimized".  Thus,
>> QT_LIBRARIES cannot have an embedded "general" keyword so the present logic
>> works fine so long as you don't specify CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE.
>>
>> I will know a lot more about this when I get a chance to dig into it
>> post-release.
>
> I think I have a fix now. I'm just testing it with and without
> CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE set before I commit. It's relatively straightforward and
> works fine for Linux. It should do nothing when the debug and
> optimized tags are not present.

Oops.  I decided to work on this this morning when time ran out for qsastime.
Sorry we duplicated effort.

For my implementation see revision 9944.  It consists of a simple macro
to parse a libraries list into its keyworded components, and use of that
macro to decide on what component of QT_LIBRARIES to use.

My tests of those changes (and the accompanying "before" and "after"
QT_LIBRARIES results you see printed out from cmake) show that there is
actually no Qt4 difference between debug, optimized, and general on my
platform so I now get identical results for the Qt libraries regardless of
CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE setting.  However, this new logic obviously needs testing
on platforms where there might be a difference in the various kinds of Qt4
libraries.

With regard to qsastime, I have done some infrastructure changes that will
make the final qsastime update much easier to do post-release.  Those
changes work for me, but they also obviously need testing between now and
the (Sunday?) release on all accessible platforms.