Hi Hazen,

> I was thinking of just providing the relevant PLplot dlls for working
> with Qt, etc, rather than actually including Qt, etc, in our
> distribution. I don't think this is totally orthogonal to typical
> Windows style as programs like PyQt do not come with Python. The user
> would be responsible for downloading mingw, Qt, etc, depending on
> their
> own needs. However, perhaps then we'd start having problems with
> incompatible dlls?

For wxWidgets this is not possible since there is no binary release of
wxWidgets. I wouldn't also suggest that for QT, because that means the
users (!) of plplot would be forced to download a >140MB QT release
just to create a simple plot. I don't think that this is a good idea.
AFAIK, you just need to include one dll, this shouldn't be a problem
(though it will also increase the file size considerably).

Werner

--
Dr. Werner Smekal
Institut fuer Allgemeine Physik