On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 1:20 PM, Alan W. Irwin<ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
> On 2009-09-02 12:00-0500 Hezekiah M. Carty wrote:
>
>> I'm still not entirely familiar with how Docbook markup works, but the
>> PDF output looks good here and I think it gets the information across
>> appropriately.  Suggestions for improvement in the Docbook code as
>> well as the actual documentation are welcome as always.
>
> The principal issue to be careful of is "make validate" finds no errors.
> (Your latest commit passes this test.) That is a fast and easy method (which
> requires the onsgmls application be installed but which does not require
> special configuration of the build) of checking that you haven't introduced
> some DocBook XML syntax error that will kill everybody's documentation build
> including the one that Hazen does for releases.

Alan,

Thanks for the tip!  I added a short note on the "Submit a patch" wiki
page mentioning this command and its utility when submitting a
documentation update.  Building the full documentation adds quite a
bit of time to the build process, so it's a handy option to have.

Hez

--
Hezekiah M. Carty
Graduate Research Assistant