Hi Werner:

Thanks for updating the wiki with regard to finding the best/easiest
sets of pango/cairo and qt library stacks for Mac OS X.  And thanks
for testing the result with ctest.

On 2010-02-19 12:04+0100 Werner Smekal wrote:

> I wasted numerous hours compiling cairo/pango on Mac OS X. I don't like
> fink or macports, since there is always a package I want or depend on,
> which doesn't compile. I actually succeeded just to find out, that there
> is a much easier way to get these libraries [which is now documented in
the wiki]

It appears you have found a really solid binary version for now, but in case
that (or fink or macports) doesn't work for someone in the future or they
are just curious about how to build the pango/cairo stack of libraries from
source, I would highly recommend the jhbuild system
(http://library.gnome.org/devel/jhbuild/2.28/jhbuild.html) to keep track of
all the dependent version sets, downloads, builds, and configuration for
each of the components in the stack.  I last used jhbuild to build my own
pango/cairo stack two years ago by simply editing the recommended
configuration for the complete build of the GTK+ stack of libraries to
eliminate all but pango and its full list of dependencies (which includes
cairo) from the build. Since then, jhbuild has evolved so that it is now
used to build all of the GNOME desktop (!), but I am sure the principal is
the same, and it would be easy to edit the jhbuild configuration so that
only the pango/cairo subset of GNOME was built.