On Wed, Oct 26, 2011 at 2:03 PM, Alan W. Irwin
<ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:

> To the PLplot developers here: I think we should implement standard
> example x00 in C similar to the way Steve described with the emphasis
> on keeping it an extraordinarily simple plot as described in
> http://plplot.sourceforge.net/docbook-manual/plplot-html-5.9.9/simple.html.
> We should then propagate example 0 to all our languages.
>
> If the developers here agree with this plan, then I volunteer to take
> responsibility for implementing the C example part of this as well as
> the trivial build-system and script changes necessary to include this
> example.  I should be able to help with some of the propagation efforts
> as well.

This seems like it will only be of benefit to compiled languages which
have reasonably robust CMake support.  Perl and Python are not likely
to benefit as they do not need a build system to use PLplot once
PLplot is installed.  OCaml does not have any support from CMake,
requiring an overly complex CMake build example in this case.

How much propagation should be done for these and similar languages?

Hez