Hi Phil,

With some additional analysis from Laurent we were able to track down the cause:

The routine rd_data() in plbuf.c is reading a U_CHAR value, whereas the width
has been changed to a floating-point number. Changing the type solves the
problem:

    switch ( op )
    {
    case PLSTATE_WIDTH: {
        PLFLT width;

        rd_data( pls, &width, sizeof ( PLFLT ) );
        pls->width = width;
        plP_state( PLSTATE_WIDTH );

        break;
    }

(The companion wr_data uses pls->width directly.)

Maybe we should recode this to:

     rd_data( pls, &(pls->width), sizeof(pls->width);

so that the code is agnostic to the actual data type, just as wr_data() is.
That is what I have done in my repository – next step: get knowledgeable about
git ;).

Regards,

Arjen