On Feb 24, 2015, at 12:58 PM, Phil Rosenberg <p.d.rosenb...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> librt is not available on Mac OS X nor is it in MacPorts.  Which function
>> are we pulling in from librt?
>
> I think (and I might be misremembering) that this is required either
> for the memory map or for the named mutexes. If this library is not
> available then we are going to need an os specific solution for this.
>
> Not sure if I have time or the kit to do that!
>
> Phil

Your recollection is correct.  On Linux (and maybe some other unices) the
shm_open() and shm_unlink() is provided by librt.  On Mac OS, a separate
library is not needed.  I hacked the util/CMakeLists.txt to test it out and I
got it to build.  I ran x01c and the wxWidgets driver appeared to work
correctly.  The following section in util/CMakeLists.txt needs to be modified
to exclude Mac OS X (Darwin)

  if(UNIX)
    set(RT_LIB rt)
  endif(UNIX)

I would look into fixing, but I am leaving in a few minutes and will be away
from my development machine for the next few days.