> On Aug 21, 2016, at 5:55 PM, Alan W. Irwin <ir...@beluga.phys.uvic.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi Jim (and any others here with access to Mac OS X):
>
> I need some fairly urgent help with a test of a potential rpath change
> for Mac OS X.  If you have time to help out this way, please apply
> the attached patch to the latest update of the master
> branch, then follow the directions in cmake/test_fortran/README to
> comprehensively test that tiny Fortran project (which the attached
> patch updates to use the rpath option on Mac OS X) using the trace
> option.  (Those directions should boil down to
>
> cd cmake/test_fortran
> scripts/comprehensive_test.sh --do_trace yes
>
> .) When the test has completed (which normally should take only a
> second or so) please send me the resulting report tarball (which
> should be stored at
> ../../../comprehensive_test_fortran_disposeable/comprehensive_test.tar.gz).

The build environment: Mac OS X 10.11.6, Apple LLVM version 7.3.0
(clang-703.0.31), GNU Fortran (MacPorts gcc5 5.4.0_0) 5.4.0

I created a new clone of the repository from source forge.

I applied the patch and git status lists the following modified files

        modified:   cmake/test_ada/CMakeLists.txt
        modified:   cmake/test_ada/scripts/comprehensive_test.sh
        modified:   cmake/test_fortran/CMakeLists.txt
        modified:   cmake/test_fortran/scripts/comprehensive_test.sh

I followed the configuration and build instructions as outlined in the manual.
I had to specify the fortran compiler (I have two different versions on my
system and neither is linked to gfortran—by default MacPorts installs as
gfortran-mp-version_number, e.g gfortran-mp-5).

There were several errors in the cmake output, most appeared to be related to
Ada and D (neither are installed on my system).  There was one Fortran related
error:

CMake Error at cmake/modules/pkg-config.cmake:228 (string):
  string sub-command REGEX, mode REPLACE needs at least 6 arguments total to
  command.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  cmake/modules/pkg-config.cmake:399 (pkg_config_link_flags)
  bindings/f95/CMakeLists.txt:202 (pkg_config_file)

There was also errors in CMakeFiles/CMakeError.log (see attached).

I ran the comprehensive test suite and got the following error

ERROR: cmake in the build tree failed

I reran the test and specified the fortran compiler and got the test to run
(see attached tarball)

One thing that is obvious is that the Mac OS X build instructions need to be
updated on getting Fortran to build correctly with MacPorts.