Hi Alan,

You're welcome :)

> > I get compile errors as can be seen in the attached tarball (output
> from CMake and make, as well as the config header file). We need to sort out
> these
> things before a comprehensive build is going to stand any chance.
>
> From what I can tell from your current extremely limited make.out (please
> generate
> that next time with VERBOSE=1), it looks like these build issues have nothing
> to do
> with PLplot code and instead are wxwidgets header incompatibilities _for the
> compile flags that are being generated by your current  Unix wxwidgets find
> method_.
>
> Therefore, I am pretty sure the current build issue is caused by your build
> using
> Unix wxwidgets compile and link flags when it should be using Windows
> wxwidgets
> compile and link flags for the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platform. So to get access to
> the
> latter flags, I suggest you use the _Windows_ wxwidgets find method (which I
> understand you automatically obtain if you use the "MSYS Makefiles"
> generator.)

I do not think so, the condition definitely says "AND NOT MSYS" - so that would
use the Unix method.

> If I have understood correctly what you said before, the Windows wxwidgets
> find
> method currently does not work for the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platform. Nevertheless,
> since our wxwidgets code with old IPC method did build correctly on MSVC
> before
> with this find method, I assume whatever correction you have to make to
> cmake/modules/findwxWidgets.cmake to get the Windows find method to work
> correctly on the MinGW-w64/MSYS2 platform should be quite small.
> And as per usual, the cmake options --debug-output --trace are extremely
> useful for
> debugging find modules, but if those are not sufficient to discover the
> problem, you
> can always locally insert
> message(...) commands in cmake/modules/findwxWidgets.cmake.

Ah, but the issue is that under MinGW-w64/MSYS2 things are installed in
different directories and possibly a different structure than under Windows
with MSVC. MinGW-w64/MSYS2 is a bit of a hybrid system, though leaning towards
the Unix way.

> Anyhow, good luck with this debugging of the Windows wxwidgets find method on
> MinGW-w64/MSYS2.

Thanks, it looks like some more experimenting is required.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.