Hi Alan,

Will do - I will have to clean up the file a bit though - sundry debug output
statements added ;).

> I did a google search for the terms <msvc wxwidgets unresolved external symbol
> __declspec(dllimport) public: __cdecl wxSize::wxSize(int,int)> (related to
> the second
> linking error message above) and found
> <https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42036606/wxwidgets-visual-studio-2015-link-
> errors>
> where it indicates that such linking errors generally occur if the
> preprocessor macro
> WXUSINGDLL is not #defined when shared libraries are used.
>
> Apparently cmake/modules/FindwxWidgets.cmake does set this macro in certain
> circumstances, but I wonder if those have actually occurred in your case.  To
> find
> out, please look at your cmake output.  Does the line
>
> -- wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS  <list of definitions>
>
> include WXUSINGDLL in the list?

It does:

-- wxWidgets_FOUND             : TRUE

-- wxWidgets_INCLUDE_DIRS      :
D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/mswu;D:/wxwidgets/include

-- wxWidgets_LIBRARIES         :
debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxbase30ud.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxbase30u.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxmsw30ud_core.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxmsw30u_core.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxpngd.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxpng.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxtiffd.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxtiff.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxjpegd.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxjpeg.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxzlibd.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxzlib.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxregexud.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxregexu.lib;debug;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxexpatd.lib;optimized;D:/wxwidgets/lib/vc120_dll/wxexpat.lib;winmm;comctl32;oleacc;rpcrt4;shlwapi;version;wsock32

-- wxWidgets_LIBRARY_DIRS      :

-- wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS       : WXUSINGDLL;UNICODE;_UNICODE;UNICODE;_UNICODE

-- wxWidgets_DEFINITIONS_DEBUG : _DEBUG;__WXDEBUG__

-- Checking whether wxwidgets version >= 3.0.0

-- Performing Test WX_VERSION_LARGE_ENOUGH

-- Performing Test WX_VERSION_LARGE_ENOUGH - Success

An excerpt from the output of CMake, but it is the _only_ file that contains
the wxwidgets_DEFINITIONS macro.

> Assuming so, does "nmake VERBOSE=1" confirm that -DWXUSINGDLL is being
> used in your compilations of wxwidgets-related code?

The flag is used, I can see that in the generated files that together comprise
the makefile, but unfortunately the nmake output (even verbose) merely shows
that all manner of flags are incorporated in temporary files.

> I expect you will find no problems with WXUSINGDLL (since you had visibility
> issues with just a few symbols and not all of them), but you should
> double-check as
> above simply as part of your "due diligence".  But ultimately the answer may
> be to
> use a different wxwidgets installation, see my question to Phil and Pedro
> above.

I cannot be 100% certain, but the flag occurs plainly in the various files, no
extra conditions. So the answer will probably lie in the use of a different
installation.

Regards,

Arjen

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.