On 2019-07-25 16:09-0700 Alan W. Irwin wrote:

[.... C]ompletely finishing this project will take much longer
than expected because of [...] complications with styling the swig directive
(*.i) files that occur in bindings/<language> where <language> is one
of java, python, lua, or octave [....]

Those complications have finally been dealt with (see commit
plplot-5.15.0-13-g2ec8daf88), and, as far as I know from my successful
noninteractive and interactive tests on Linux, this commit completes
the work of moving from uncrustify 0.60 to 0.69.0 to style our source
code.  However, the source code styling changes for this topic were
quite intrusive so further testing of these style changes would be a
good idea for non-Linux platforms.

software package (plplot.org); the libLASi project