From: Alan W. Irwin <alan.w.irwin1...@gmail.com>
Sent: 01 September 2019 01:40
To: Takeshi Enomoto <tenom...@users.sourceforge.net>; Arjen Markus
<arjen.mar...@deltares.nl>; PLplot development list
<Plplot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Plplot-devel] D language support topic

To Takeshi and Arjen:

I have now (git described as plplot-5.15.0-21-gf7d9bec36) pushed this topic to
the PLplot master branch at SourceForge.  This new D language support (see
README.release for details) works perfectly on Linux (all comprehensive tests
have passed perfectly on my Debian Buster platform), and I hope Takeshi (who
contributed part of the changes that have gone into this push) would be willing
to test this new D language support for PLplot on the MacPorts platform and
Arjen on the
MSYS2 platform.

@Takeshi: as MacPorts maintainer of the plplot package for that distribution,
this push cannot help you immediately with dmd because the push only works for
that compiler if you have first built an extremely recent version of CMake, and
it will take quite a while until that recent version of CMake propagates
officially to MacPorts.
But if you are still interested in testing for your future dmd MacPorts benefit
(or want to test gdc instead which should work with the current official
MacPorts version of CMake), then please follow the directions in
cmake/test_d/README (which include building an extremely recent version of
CMake to use for all testing) to generate a report tarball in the two ways
requested so I can analyze those results and adjust the "Darwin" Platform files
accordingly.

@Arjen: the only D compiler you have access to on Windows is one you download
for yourself [from Digital
Mars](https://eur03.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=https%3A%2F%2Fdlang.org%2Fdownload.html&amp;data=02%7C01%7C%7Ca962fd3984664e88519308d72e6c7d4b%7C15f3fe0ed7124981bc7cfe949af215bb%7C0%7C0%7C637028915813958706&amp;sdata=Q5GbOISrDsA%2Fyxn16s2s4FeEor02in2aGUIFKRSkRLA%3D&amp;reserved=0).
I would appreciate you testing our new D language support on MSYS2 with that
compiler.
As in Takeshi's case I suggest you start with the test_d project for an
extremely recent version of CMake from its git master branch that you have
built yourself.

Programming affiliations with the FreeEOS equation-of-state implementation for
stellar interiors (freeeos.sf.net); the Time Ephemerides project
(timeephem.sf.net); PLplot scientific plotting software package (plplot.org);
the libLASi project (unifont.org/lasi); the Loads of Linux Links project
(loll.sf.net); and the Linux Brochure Project (lbproject.sf.net).

DISCLAIMER: This message is intended exclusively for the addressee(s) and may
contain confidential and privileged information. If you are not the intended
recipient please notify the sender immediately and destroy this message.
Unauthorized use, disclosure or copying of this message is strictly prohibited.
The foundation 'Stichting Deltares', which has its seat at Delft, The
Netherlands, Commercial Registration Number 41146461, is not liable in any way
whatsoever for consequences and/or damages resulting from the improper,
incomplete and untimely dispatch, receipt and/or content of this e-mail.