I did not try to build the official plplot examples yet.  Perhaps I should try that first.

I don't know if what I've written is helpful in helping you help me get it working.

David

On 9/6/2019 3:44 PM, Phil Rosenberg wrote:

Is this building the examples? Sounds like the libs are not being linked to properly.

Did you get past the wxwidgets problem?

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>

*From:* David Bergman <stuntguitar1...@gmail.com>
*Sent:* Friday, September 6, 2019 6:17:59 PM
*To:* plplot-general@lists.sourceforge.net <plplot-general@lists.sourceforge.net> *Subject:* [Plplot-general] Problem with LNK2019 error unresolved external
All,

I have made some progress with building and installing the new plplot
with a new wxwidets using VS 2017.

I still have not gone past the install process in the IDE w/o an error
but I seem to have all the headers and dll I need (though I'm not sure
if they are corrupted).

At present I've decided to move forward with what I have and try a
simple example I wrote that worked with my previous config.

I get unresolved externals, 14 to be exact.  Basically every plplot
function I call seems to cause this.  A few example are provided.

plAlloc2dGrid

and all the plstream functions like box3, col0, font, etc.

Typically what I cause this it's due to a function declaration in a
class that is not defined elsewhere.

It "seems like" my new build has the same files as the old one and the
projects are comparable (with only diffs being the location of the new
folders).

Thanks in advance for your help.

David

---