Which version of python is distributed with a new plucker release?

The reason I'm asking is that there have been some improvements in the web
libraries - and more are planned for 2.4.  I'm trying to figure out what
baseline I can work with, and what I have to override, just in case.  I do
not want to override any more than I need to, because then plucker never
gets the advantage of python bugfixes and enhancements.  (Example:  Plucker
overrides sgmllib.attrfind.  At one point, there were several bugs in the
python version.  Plucker fixed one -- but python has since fixed that one
and several others to boot.  Plucker did not get these fixes, because of the
override.)

Possibilities:

(1)  The CVS version of the newest stable branch.  This includes patches for
bugfixes, which might be very minor.

(2)  The last packaged version of the stable branch.  This is currently
2.3.2.  The .2 indicates some patches, but not everything was important
enough to trigger a release.

(3)  Some "good enough" version, such as 2.1 (or, previously, 1.5).

(4)  Something else, like a custom build?