Do you have hplip installed? That printer is reported to "Work Perfectly" on the list of supported printers.

http://www.openprinting.org/printer/HP/HP-OfficeJet_Pro_K550

It says:
"For basic printing functionality use the HPIJS driver . For advanced functionality such as printer status, maintenance features, scanning and photo card unload use the HPLIP driver (which includes HPIJS)."

Brian Cluff