THANKS!!! :)

Matt Graham writes:
On 2016-10-18 11:31, Michael wrote:
I just put mint on a pendrive with unetbootin and I don't know if it
is working or not. I put the live linux distro in the thinkpad 11e,
start it up, and press F12.and select 'USB HDD...' but when I press
enter Windows10 loads. I then turned off the Linux box to test the
pendrive but come to find out that this computer will not boot off of
the USB drive.  Is there a way to test the drive?

The entire USB drive should probably be mountable as type iso9660 or udf. The vast majority of things that can boot from USB drives will recognize ISO images that have been dd'ed directly to the disk, and that's how you usually boot from a USB drive. unetbootin is almost certainly just doing "dd if=/path/to/linux-mint-12.34.iso of=/dev/sdX bs=1M" behind the scenes. (I did see something odd a few days ago when trying to diagnose a completely different problem. I dd'ed a Gentoo net install image to a USB disk, then booted the machine from that disk. The installer loaded its initrd, then said that it couldn't find the root filesystem. I tried several device names and got nowhere, though 1 of them should've worked. It might have been confused by the larger-than-usual number of disks attached to this machine, or might've forgotten to do "modprobe ehci-hcd". Will attempt to figure this out later.)
--
Crow202 Blog: http://crow202.org/wordpress
There is no Darkness in Eternity