I have been following this thread and I once had the same problem and found out
it was a hardware issue.
If you are still using the regular HDD then the hardware that read and writes
to the HDD is failing and needs to be replaced.
I use to have some new HDD and found some to have defects on the read and write
hardware.

On Tue, Aug 23, 2022, at 09:11, Michael via PLUG-discuss wrote:
> Now the installer is crashing.
> --
> :-)~MIKE~(-:
>

> On Tue, Aug 23, 2022 at 4:24 AM Matthew Gibson via PLUG-discuss
> <plug-discuss@lists.phxlinux.org> wrote:
>> Have you done a nuke and pave install or are you limping your /home along?
>> you could have some “could not be installed form of corrupted config file in
>> your home that might be causing problems. worth a thought. and a stroll
>> through your home dir.

  Harold Hartley
  17632 N. 5th place
  Phoenix, AZ 85022