> Why not Qemu?

Just a simple option for a desktop user really (consider the source
asking), much easier to learn and manage than qemu with virtmanager.
Virtualbox *is* Oracle though, and about the only thing more evil is
(maybe) Microsoft and Fakebook (Satan is down on the evil list these days).

Only real trap with virtualbox (that I know) is to NOT use the extension
pack, as that puts you into their commercial licensing, and they have gone
out of their way to commit bored lawyers to actually sue organizations for
using it (meaning they likely have spyware built-in that phones home
reporting it).

I'm all for qemu over virtualbox as a more advanced option when someone is
ready to get more into the weeds, but not on a desktop system, and at that
point might as well use proxmox with qemu if dedicated.

-mb