Without doing much/any testing, from experience I use two different DNS
one from google and other from OpenDNS.

(But I change it if I suspect any latitude depending upon political turmoil in country or otherwise.)

This combination helps for me because ISP DNS can play tricks and some providers insist their DNS inclusion for service performance.

There maybe forums which are off-limit to ISP DNS but are better shielded differently by OpenDNS and likes.

ISP's DNS may get subjected to Govt. whims which isn't necessarily so with others above.

Again wherever possible I follow govt. recommendations on deleting certain apps on (y)our mobile. But I have found some of it stupid is because govt. itself modified the list later and excluded a couple from it.