I believe the following may useful and/or interesting:

100BASE-CX (STP) is only spec'd for 25 meters (82 feet). (Same for
1000BASE-CX, 25 meters.)

100BASE-TX uses two pairs UTP, Cat5 or better, 100 meters.

1000BASE-T needs four pairs UTP, also Cat5 or better, 100 meters.

1000BASE-TX uses two pairs UTP but requires Cat6, 100 meters.

Note that most gigabit stuff is 1000BASE-T. I believe the original
plan was that two pairs would be cheaper than four but 1000BASE-T won
out due to compatibility with legacy wiring, which pretty much is four
pairs anyway.

NealS