On 2016-05-12 13:39:52, John Jason Jordan <joh...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 12 May 2016 09:30:27 -0700
> >On 05/11/2016 09:57 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> >
> >> However, I am finding it difficult to find the appropriate ISO file.
> >> Apparently OpenBSD does not encourage the use of torrents. And the
> >> FTP pages on their mirrors are inscrutable. At least I cannot scrute
> >> them.
> >>
> >> Can someone point me in the right direction?
>
> >Based on my terribly quick search of information last night, I believe
> >the amd64 ISO for 5.9 is this link:
> >
> ><http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/5.9/amd64/install59.iso>
>
> Thanks.
>
> I just downloaded it. Did I get the latest snapshot?

No, the 5.9 indicates that it is a release directory.  The latest
snapshot would be at:
        http://ftp.openbsd.org/pub/OpenBSD/snapshots/amd64/

Also, one of the OpenBSD developers runs this site:
        https://rhaalovely.net/up2date.html

It's updated daily with the dates and times of the snapshots on
all OpenBSD mirrors, so you can check and see which ones have the
latest snapshot before downloading.

However, since the base OpenBSD install is very small, it's
probably not a bad idea to carry around both the latest release
and the latest snapshot.  When new machines are released, support
for the new chipsets in them tends to be added to -current very
quickly and, since OpenBSD has scheduled releases (one happens
every six months), they don't backport those to the release since
they expect that people will be upgrading their systems soon
enough anyway.

--
Bryan