I realized this afternoon that I've not checked Brian Krebs' blog for a
few days so I tried to access www.krebsonsecurity.com. This pointed to
localhost, not his web site.

   A web search revealed that yesterday his site suffered a massive DDoS
attack, apparently from a IOT botnet. But, his site is supposedly up and
running. So why can't I access it?

   When I ping the URL it returns localhost. 'host krebsonsecurity.com
krebsonsecurity.com' tells me it has address 127.0.0.1. traceroute shows the
same thing: 1  localhost (127.0.0.1)  0.016 ms  0.003 ms  0.003 ms

   I would appreciate someone explaining why I might be seeing these results
and offer ideas how I might once again reach his web site.

Rich