From: plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org [mailto:plug-boun...@lists.pdxlinux.org]
On Behalf Of Russell Senior
Sent: Friday, September 23, 2016 12:59 AM
To: Portland Linux/Unix Group <plug@lists.pdxlinux.org>
Subject: Re: [PLUG] Web site URL points to localhost

John> rshep...@appl-ecosys.com said:
>> I would appreciate someone explaining why I might be seeing these
>> results and offer ideas how I might once again reach his web site.

John> Because that's what his nameserver is returning as his IP address.
John> Not much you can do until that changes.

Of course, if you know what his site's actual IP address is, you could
temporarily plunk it in /etc/hosts and bypass the DNS lookup.  If his site
really is up, then that should work.

And, no, I don't know his site's ip address.

--
Russell Senior, President
russ...@personaltelco.net