Here
<http://www.zdnet.com/article/ssd-reliability-in-the-real-world-googles-experience/>

is a short article on Google's experience with SSDs.  (UBER ->
Uncorrectable Bit Error Rate)
I quote:

"But it isn't all good news. SSD UBER rates are higher than disk rates,
which means that *backing up SSDs is even more important than it is with
disks*. The SSD is less likely to fail during its normal life, but more
likely to lose data."

Wayne