I just purchased a new desktop machine.  It has Windows 10 pro, not yet
activated.  After installing Ubuntu I would like to be able to run this
Windows as a guest in VB.  My searching tells me that this can be a bit
tricky.  I am not in any hurry to migrate.  I first want to make sure I do
not do anything which will cut off this possibility.  Do I need to backup
something from the machine before I install Linux, or can I just use the
COA sticker to get what I need from Microsoft after I have wiped the HD,
installed Ubuntu and VB?  I have no reason to run Win 10 (except as a
guest) on the machine other than to initially ensure myself that the
machine is functioning properly.

Thanks,
-Denis