On Sun, 13 Aug 2017, Tom wrote:

> I had an interesting experience while visiting local CenturyLink store a
> few weeks ago - there are so many people without basic networking and
> computer knowledge - not even a clue.

Tom,

   As common as dandelions.

> One would think that there would be tons of small time IT guys/shops
> around to solve people's networking/computing issues ... I really wonder
> where are we heading and why.

   I've had occasion to visit a couple of these places. The one's I visited
were totally Windows-centric and had no idea how to diagnose potential
hardware issues. I still see some of these shops, but many fewer.

   Perhaps this is the result of the focus of industry drivers assuming
everyone will do all their computing on a smart phone rather than a desktop,
laptop, or tablet.

Rich