On 12/01/2017 03:01 PM, John Jason Jordan wrote:
On Fri, 1 Dec 2017 14:11:53 -0800
Tomas Kuchta <tomas.kuchta.li...@gmail.com> dijo:

For those who remember the experience of actually reading a magazine
front to back, rather than just flicking pages full of shiny
advertisement - another one bites the dust.

So long Linux Journal
House remodeling required moving things, sorting though it to discard
tons of stuff that is no longer needed. But I saved one item: May/June
2000 issue of Maximum Linux, featuring reviews of Corel Linux,
Slackware 7.0 and WordPerfect 8.0, plus two CDs containing Storm Linux
2000 and Mandrake 7.0.

Corel Linux was my first venture into Linux.

I gave Corel Linux an unsuccessful shot, hoping to get Word Perfect running. I, too, reverted to running Word Perfect on a virtual Windows machine.

I also have CorelCAD, which I got at a remainders store somewhere up in Vancouver a long while back. Corel picked up the guys who wrote Generic CAD. It still works well. I wish there was a Linux version of that. I don't use it often, but it's the one I know. I've tried a few Linux CAD programs, but haven't been able to wrap my head around how they work. Sigh.

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens