On Mon, 11 Dec 2017, John Jason Jordan wrote:

*I have asked several times at their Hollywood office what an 'internet
cost recovery fee' is for, and no one has ever been able to tell me.

  Seems to me that all the TelCo 'cost recovery fees' are a separation of
their base charges to make the base look lower. This is a fundamental
business tactic.

  Real estate salesfolks will tell you that the additional cost of the
swimming pool will be 'only' $x/month rather than the final cost over the
term of the mortgage including interest. Food processors label the
nutritional values 'per serving;' e.g., 2-1/2 servings in a 5 oz can of tuna
fish or, as Coke tried years ago, two 6 oz servings in a 12 oz can. Yeah,
right. Smoke and mirrors. Considering the high innumeracy rate in the
population it's not a bad business practice, only a bad social practice.