On Mon, 11 Dec 2017, Ken Stephens wrote:

Be warned that when you switch to fiber and have phone service through
Centurylink, your "land" line will be powered off your house power. One of
the reasons they want you to switch to fiber is that they no longer have
to power your phone. Saves them money in the long run.

Ken,

  That's interesting. I wonder if that's also the case with Frontier because
I still have copper on the phones and the FiOS installer ran a copper
connection from the existing terminal box to the new FiOS box. I don't know
how power and voice now travel from the phone to the connection block off
the sidewalk between me and my neighbor to the east (I think this connector
serves many in the area as it's the only one around here.)