I may give that a try, but I have some resistance, since the physical
arrangement would require some moving stuff around the desktop.  If I try
that, I will also try moving which USB input I use on the computer, and
maybe even a different keyboard.  I may be exploring another keyboard
anyway, and I do not like the touch of this one much.

-Denis