On Wed, 11 Apr 2018, Dick Steffens wrote:

For the last few days I've had occasional beeps from one of my battery
backup units. Because they are under the table and next to one another, I
have yet to determine which one it is. There have been no obvious light
flicker situations and we haven't lost power. Could this beep be an
indication that I might need a new battery?

Dick,

  I get this on infrequent occasions with no apparent reason. It's probably
a frequeny or voltage transient too small for most appliances to notice but
the UPS responds to it. I ignore it.

Rich