The one I have implements a USB-net interface, so it's effectively an
ethernet cable.  Most modern distributions just work.  The one you link is
a USB-to-serial-to USB.  That is not ideal for transferring files. If you
are unclear on what the "link" cable supports, you can always just buy two
usb-ethernet adapters and an ethernet cable to go in the middle.  Maybe
more adpatable than a "link cable".