On Sat, 21 Jul 2018, John Jason Jordan wrote:

And this seller's listing says '230 sold.' The seller is galaxycentre13,
also located in Malaysia (different address) and shipping from the same
warehouse in Chino, CA. Galaxycentre13 has 98.4% positive feedback from
over 130K users.

I know on IMDB users can leave ratings for movies, and it's possible to
hack IMDB to pump up the positive numbers. (I've seen movies where it
was done by the production company.) I wonder about eBay.

John,

  Were I in your position, my negative experience with one of what appear to
be the two companies operating under different names would override any
posted positive feedbacks. I'd rather buy from a known good source, pay
more, but get what I ordered.

  You could probably buy an external 256G hard drive for a reasonable price
and known quality. Of course, you'd also need a bigger pocket than for a
thumb drive. :-)