On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Rich Shepard wrote:

On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Paul Heinlein wrote:

 Does the list provide a List-Id header? That's usually the one I use,
 e.g.,

 # mailing lists
: 0
 * ^List-Id:.*<(plug|plug-talk)\.pdxlinux\.org>
 .mailinglists.plug/

Paul,

 Yes. In this case the grass-u...@lists.osgeo.org. I tried that preceeded
by ^(From|Cc|To) as well as the above address and both failed.

 I was unaware of the List-Id: label, even after reading the man and web
pages. I'll try that now.

There's nothing special about the List-Id header; it's just something that Mailman inserts into outbound messages. Perhaps other list managers use it as well.

Open a list message in Alpine and press the H key to see the full headers. You should be able to spot that header if it's there. If not, the osgeo.org list server may have another header that procmail can spot.

--
Paul Heinlein
heinl...@madboa.com