On Wed, 24 Oct 2018, Paul Heinlein wrote:

By default, the regex is run only against the mail headers, though
procmail recipes can grep the message body as well if you'd like.

Paul,

  I didn't know this.

The reason I like grep-ing the List-Id header is that, for instance,
personal replies to list messages will end up in my inbox rather than in
the list folder.

  Good point; I'll change all recipes to use List-Id.

  Often response messages sent to 'all' end up in my inbox as well as the
mail list, but those sent to me don't appear on the latter.

If you choose to match the Subject: header, make sure your rule is
flexible enough to match reply (re:, Re:, etc) strings prior to the group
name. See, for instance, the Subject: header in this message.

  Meh. The current recipes for most mail lists work OK. Why this one list
changed its behavior I've no idea, except that it's sent via osgeo.org
rather than grass.org.

Thanks for the insights,