On 5/4/19 10:40 AM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> Running firefox-60.6esr here. Since yesterday I've lost ad-block plus,
> ghostery, and a download manager with firefox telling me they're not
> supported in firefox. Yet, when I select the Add-ons item from the Tools
> menu and click the link for more add-ons -> ad blockers both show up.
>
> Trying to install them fails.
>
> In all the years I've used firefox this has not happened. Has anyone else
> experienced this?
>
> Rich

It may take awhile for updates to propagate through all the versions,
and repos.  Since Slackware has the 'Allow Firefox to install and run
studies' disabled as a big fat security whole, and runs an older ESR,
Slackware Firefox may not get fixed until a new version roles in the
patches repo.  That said, add-on signing is really no as secure as
Mozilla will have you believe (pretty much any tom, dick, harry, mary,
jane or alice can apply), you can get the add-ons/extensions back via

about:config
search for 'xpinstall.signatures.required'
right-click and toggle to "False"

Your add-ons will now be re-enabled with a warning message.

Have fun!
Ed